Tuesday, August 31, 2010

I've Got An Itch to Etch....What fun!

I picked up some etching solution at the BeadFest Show last week.  I've wanted to try this effect for some time now.  The left copper pendant is rubber stamped.  The right piece I drew freehand. The round top pendant is brass and was rubber stamped.  This was my first attempt and it was one of the most rewarding outcomes of my craft adventures.  My mind is now spinning with ideas of incorporating this in to raku frames for pendants and whatever this feeble mind can muster up.  I've been spending much of my time lately working with metals.  It's becoming a close second to my love for clay.  I definitely think theres room for both in my day!  I'll keep you posted with my progress.  Oh by the way...I worked with my Liver of Sulphur to get the darkened inlay.  Enjoy your day!


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

BKG