Saturday, February 19, 2011

New Prototype Leather and Raku Bracelet

Here is a new concept I've been thinking of....Raku clay ends for leather...The color on these really turned out terrific...Georgies Copper Flash...and the pieces were a perfect fit for the soft yellow leather.  However when wrapping the copper to connect to the bracelet, one of the ends broke on the finding.  Next time I'll try softer wire or cord to connect. I'll also try some ^6 pieces for a little more strength.   Overall, I'm thrilled & think I have a new concept piece that will draw some interest in the jewelry making world...these ends could be used as focals with beaded wire as well. Next week I'll continue working out the bugs and work on some quantities for up coming shows and my website.  I'm curious what you all think...please share your thoughts!



No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

BKG