Saturday, April 23, 2011

Treasure Walk in the Woods

I was walking down my lane for the mail yesterday....I'm waiting impatiently for some tools I ordered...Nope not here yet.  With dismay I walked over our little bridge and decide to check out the Spring wild mushroom growth, specifically Morels right now (Per Kristie (Artisan Clay) my mushroom inspiration!  So I detour up along the creek or "crick" as Muncy people say.  Looking along dead trees and potential spots (however, I've never actually done this...so I really don't know where they are..lol).  I eventually come to my son's camp and zipline over the creek. I thought a second about using it to cross...then thought better of it....no doubt the wire would break on my run...(pessimist).  I found a good couple of rock to cross over on and looked in a mass of old fallen trees where I had seen different mushrooms growing last year.  No mushrooms yet....just a couple really small ones, not Morels....so I crossed back over the creek and decided to cut straight up over the hill,  this a straight up hill....100 yards up and I'm grabbing trees to get along.  As I near the top, I'm seeing glass bottles sticking out of the leaves....lot's of them....and old enameled parts of pots....



I'm thinking....dang...I found an old dump! Now this is pretty exciting....so I begin to pull out different bottles and some are mid 1900's and then....if I don't find a really old medicine bottle.  I know it's old....just don't know how old. I keep digging and find some old tobacco cans, a teal glass insulator and a few Sun Crest soda bottles made locally in Williamsport.....



I go up to show my husband and he wants to go back down and dig.....we find a bunch more pieces and Tim finds a Rogers silver fancy butter knife ....but most are screw top jars and old cans, so we head back and look up our loot at antique bottle sites...seems like the Hoarhound  tar wild cherry bottle is from around 1850's and is worth over $100 -$150 woo hoo! How exciting is that~ together if I could actually sell it....yesterday's bounty is worth over $300...that's a good day~ and what an exciting day and adventure!  

2 comments:

Clamworks said...

That is SO COOL! I bet there's even more stuff strewn along the hillside. And if you are able to sell any of it, you can buy more tools! :)

KristiBowmanDesign said...

Very very cool, I love stuff like that and it's so exciting to find it unexpectedly!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

BKG