Thursday, July 14, 2011

Oh Cabochon ~ Where art thou?

At my last show I was excited to meet a very nice gemologist from Corning NY.  I admired his beautiful stones and after a nice chat about his finding, cutting and polishing his stones he said he had a large bag of stones that were imperfect and he couldn't sell as such.....
That's all I needed to hear!   My motto...."My perfect is others imperfect"

  
As promised, he returned the next day with a large bag of amazing cabs for me to sort through...he said take your time. So 2 hours later, my customers and I were still ohhh and ahhing...the only decision I could come up with is TAKE THEM ALL! Lol! (the hoarder in me) Well over 500 peices...
and.... for a very nice price, I did just that ~ 

So here are a few of my newest designs.....I'm teaching myself how to bezel set stones....and slow but sure, I think I'm getting it.....So excited to see where I can go with these treasures! 








5 comments:

moonlitfantaseas said...

wow. very nice, I love the cuffs!

Unknown said...

Oh Oh OH you have made some gorgeous pieces with those cabs!

KristiBowmanDesign said...

AWESOME Melinda, what a find lucky you!! I am the same about perfection, throw it out the window!!!

jessememan said...

oh, my! These are so fantastic! Lucky you, with all those cabs to play with :)

Lara said...

As always...love your work!

~Lara

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

BKG