Friday, September 30, 2011

Andrew's Beading Challenge for September

I was so excited to get a kit from Andrew Thornton's September Bead Challenge ~ 
I just happened to catch it early on Facebook!  Here is the kit I received plus some mystery beads. I loved the colors right away... 

I really loved the mystery component of a copper metal clay flower impression 
that had been highlighted with gilders paste and dichroic bead ~ 


I thought it would be perfect with my rustic patina on the large round disc and my purple patina with mica on the large brass flower disc ~ 


The sweet enameled flowers were a perfect fit with the lavender "grow" connector...the necklace clasp is a new design available.....



A few added shell beads, gemstones and lots of matt silver rings and I am really happy with my finished piece ~
I wore it right away!


Thank you Andrew! 
To read about the challenge click HERE
To read the beautiful words on Andrew's Blog click HERE
for some of the components of this challenge... 

 A polymer clay link from Heather Wynn-Millican of SwoonDimples, a polymer clay pendant from Heather Powers of HumbleBeads, enameled flowers from Sara of C-Koop Beads, original vintage Miriam Haskell beads, Swarovski crystals, purple-colored flexible beading wire from Soft Flex Company, and a Luxury Bead Blend.
And you can find all my clasps and findings here Melinda Orr Designs 

The Mystery Components 

12 comments:

Alice said...

How pretty!!!! I love how you used mixed metals and they really work together. What a sweet piece!

I was too late to get the September kit but I'll stay up all night in order to get an October kit......hopefully.

TesoriTrovati said...

Such a pretty palette! I love that little "grow" connector. So pretty. Enjoy the day!
Erin

Firefly Visions said...

What a lovely creation. I love the colors and your use of mixed metals. Like Alice, I was too late to get a kit for September so I will be looking for Octobers.

Cindy Lietz, Polymer Clay Tutor said...

Turned out awesome Melinda! I love all the different design elements you have going there. Looks like it was a pretty fun challenge!

PS. I used your patina clasp in a sample bracelet for an upcoming video tutorial for my Pirate Cane. It hasn't gone to air yet but will next week. Hoping it sends you lots of new traffic and customers. I think they'll find your findings as awesome as I do!

horimarika said...

Melinda, this is so beautiful! Really like the colours and the design. Well done!

Lorelei Eurto said...

Very cool! Turned out great M!

Lori Bowring Michaud said...

I like the pop of color with your creative focal!

bwheather said...

So much fun. I adore this. ;-)

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful necklace! I love the color palette, the mixed metal and components compliment each other beautifully!

Anonymous said...

VERY Cool! I love your bright blue pendant and all the varied textures in your piece.

Paula, Chief Bead Officer said...

Wow - very pop! Your bright blue flower gave me a 70's vibe. Really creative.

Anonymous said...

Love what you did with all the components - beautiful!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

BKG