Monday, April 4, 2011

Pocket Change....Coin Jewelry

I've been picking up worn out coins at a local coin exchange and my husband picks up coins 
from his business travels overseas, South America & Canada...
I've been playing around with these for a year now....here are a few concepts... 
 Indian Head Nickel with Etched Copper & Leather Cuff
Back is riveted with Mercury Dimes

Buffalo Nickel and Vintage Copper Ring 

Assorted domed coins
Buffalo Nickel earrings...New Penny and heart shaped pearls and dangles

I have found that customers are always intrigued with jewelry made with coins....
I can always expect to sell what I've brought to a show!  

6 comments:

Mary Harding said...

Oh, those are beautiful. I may try the doming on some Korean coins my brother has sent me. you are so creative. Love your work!!

EB Bead and Metal Works, LLC said...

These are awesome! Love the idea of using coins in your jewelry! I really love the bracelet!

Michelle said...

Your blog is gorgeous! I love your images.

Melinda Orr - BANDANA GIRL said...

Thanks Mary! Some coins are just so beautiful and have special memories, that you want to keep them near!
Beth & Evie and Michelle...thanks so much! Most of my backgrounds are on the curtains in my dining room..lol...but it seems they are just the right tone for me!

Diana P. said...

Very cool Melinda. I REALLY love the texture on the leather bracelet. I almost never wear bracelets but that's a piece I would actually put on!

KristiBowmanDesign said...

Super cool Melinda, love your earring cards too. I'm in the middle of creating mine so I'm really noticing what everybody else has done.

I found some really great greek coin replicas on Etsy, very inexpensive but $9 shipping. I just can't get myself to pay $9 shipping for a $3 item.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

BKG