Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Chewy Nutty Date Oatmeal Bars

This is my adaption of a recipe off the back of my oatmeal box.....reminds me of my Dad....he would have loved these!  He always added dates and nuts to his cookies.....I'd see him in the afternoon nibbling on one and he'd always share one with Mom and me... My mother gives it 5 stars! If you like dates & coconut.....these will knock your socks off!  Enjoy~

Chewy Nutty Date Oatmeal Bars

Crust:
3/4 C Quick oats
2/3 C Flour
1/2 C Brown sugar
1/3 C Butter


Topping:
2 Eggs
3/4 C Brown Sugar
2T Flour
1 t Vanilla
1/2 t Salt
1/4 Baking Powder
1/2 C Chopped Walnuts or Pecans
1/2 C Chopped Dates
1/2 C Shredded Coconut

Confectioners Sugar to sprinkle

Pre heat oven to 350^ F
Mix crust ingredients and cut in butter til crumbs form.  Press crust in 9" square baking glass or pan.  Bake 5 minutes.

Prepare Topping….mix eggs and brown sugar add rest of ingredients and mix well.  Pour over baked crust and bake 15minutes or so til topping is set and beginning to brown.  Remove…Cool ….cut into 36 pieces and sprinkle with confectioners sugar.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

BKG